Limitless was a 2011 thriller blockbuster, starring Bradley Cooper. Eddie Morra, an unsuccessful author, facing rejection by his girlfriend, dismayed by his bleak future, loses all hope in life. That all changes when an old friend gives him a drug that produces enhanced mental acuity and taps into the unused parts of the brain.
Stoked on the untested chemical, Eddie,
Writes a book he was struggling with for months in 4 days.
Learns the piano in 3 days.
Learns languages just by listening.
Becomes a smooth talker, pulling extreme mental acrobatics in conversations.
Becomes a successful stock market trader.
While in the real world, a quick fix pill doesn't exist and nor do the results that Eddie had seen, You too can become limitless, to some extent.
This means becoming:
Better at picking up new skills
Some habits/practices that possibly could make you Limitless:
1) Get up early - Starting your day an hour or two earlier feels like you're cheating the system. Doing things from 5 am - 7 am is so much more fulfilling than some boring 'ol sleep, provided you get adequate sleep.
2) Cold Showers - Taking an ice-cold shower in the morning will wake you up and get your blood pumping like you just ran a few miles. The mental clarity after taking a cold shower lasts for an hour or two, I suggest doing the task that drains your creative faculties the most after taking a cold shower. Example - writing, producing music, art, etc.
3) Morning Cardio - Cardiovascular exercise is good for blood flow, which benefits the body and the brain. Research shows that regular aerobic exercise appears to boost the size of the hippocampus. This is the part of the brain involved in learning and verbal memory.
4) Meditation - Here are some benefits I've seen from daily meditation - my NZT if you will:
Improved focus - I can work smarter & harder throughout the day without getting distracted. I can speak with people and stay present - just like Eddie.
Happier - I've found inner peace, I'm working towards my goals and enjoying each day & moment
Healthier - when I get cravings for junk food I see them as just that... cravings! I am more consistent with my workout!
Calmer - my stress levels have reduced dramatically at work & home
5) Coffee or Caffeine - Soon after you drink a cup of coffee, caffeine, a strong stimulant is absorbed into your intestinal tract and your blood. Peak absorption occurs in less than an hour, usually within thirty minutes. Once caffeine is distributed throughout the body, it stimulates your nerves and causes adrenalin to be released. Adrenalin is the main neurotransmitter that changes your levels of energy and alertness. Adrenalin increases your heart rate, which results in more blood pumped per minute. This blood carries extra oxygen to your brain, making you feel more alert. Caffeine also directly stimulates the spinal cord and the cortex of the brain, which enhances these alert feelings.
In conclusion, being limitless is possible, with few tweaks in your lifestyle and habits, you too can achieve this rare mental state. Thanks for reading this far, I would really appreciate it if you come back to this post next Sunday after taking the above steps and comment about how your life has improved/changed.