Being someone who has been bullied, excluded, gossiped about, made fun of, and overall not taken seriously in the past, I find myself to be experienced enough to talk about how to earn respect from one's peers.
I'm too unmotivated to write a proper introduction for this post, so I'm gonna jump directly into the matter.
1) Build dominance and show self-confidence.
2) Prove your worth: People don't respect nobodies. Don't be one. Proving your worth can have a different meaning for each person, whether it be becoming head boy of your school, getting the promotion and climbing the corporate ladder, or out-performing a fellow athlete. Whatever it means for you, you should work towards it cause this step is really important for earning your peers' respect.
3) Talk less, listen more: Your words become powerful if you use them less, now read that again.
4) Assume the best, out of situations and people: Having a positive outlook on life will fix half of your problems.
5) Apologize and Admit mistakes: The easiest way to be perceived as a jerk and lose respect is to be an egotistical person who has the perfect self-image of himself/herself. Apologize and admit mistakes when needed.
6) Take Criticism.
7) Stand up for yourself: While apologizing is sometimes needed, if you constantly apologize, you'll be mistaken for a push-over. Stand up to that bully, Speak to your boss if you think you deserve a raise, tell your parents they don't appreciate you enough.
8) Help others: When people appreciate and like you as a person, it is hard for them to not respect you at the same time.
9) Respect everyone: You can't expect respect if you are a jerk to everyone around you, Respect commands Respect.
10) Do not Gossip.
11) Be inclusive and Show Kindness: When you are friends/on good terms with everyone, you automatically command respect.
12) Avoid inappropriate behaviour: If every sentence that comes out of your mouth has a sexist cuss word in it, it is really REALLY hard to take you seriously and respect you.
13) Learn conversational skills: Your stutter and wrong grammar is not something to be proud of.
14) Tell the truth: While some people might not like you for your candour, people will respect you for being honest anytime.
15) Build thicker skin and stop caring: Some people are carriers of negativity, nothing you do can change their behaviour towards you, ignore their existence.
I'm glad if I could help some of you, and I hope everyone's family is healthy and are taking the right precautions and staying safe.